Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Turning into full time Trading by chance

Even though with the perfect result in the month of October 2017, I knew I wasn't ready to make trading my full time job yet for a few reasons, firstly, not having the required capital amount to trade my desired lot size and also it's just one month and that could just be pure luck.

However, in early November 2017, I was laid off from my employment and looking at myself, I knew there wasn't anything else I could do but to fall back into trading full time. I graduated with Diploma in Mechatronics in 1997, but joined the Republic of Singapore Navy as a combat officer for almost 12 years before i left the service and joined this proprietary trading firm which grow and expand into a FinTech firm today for almost 8 years. Though I had learnt much in trading and gained valuable experience as well, there wasn't any black and white to certify that I have the necessary background in trading and training. I obviously can't use my diploma to apply for a engineering job for sure and also with my passion very much still in FX trading, I decided to trade full time and survive till such time that my capital grew to my objective.

And to get everything started, I deposited another $5,000 into my trading account so that I can grow my capital slightly faster. Make some profit in the first week of November and made a withdrawal of $800 to round up my total trading capital to $6,000 ($2,000-$200+$5,000-$800=$6,000).


Thereafter, I suffered much losses, seem like though I had been watched by the broker for withdrawing, of course that's not true. It's basically just your mind playing with you to find reason for your losses. Generally, looking at those days that I make losses were those days where I did not stop after I was stopped out and yet did not meet my daily target marginally or those were the days where I just got greedy and wanted to make more. There were just countless number of days where a good day (make and meet the daily profit target) become a bad day (continued to trade after meeting target and lose it all).

Nevertheless, I continued to push on on this journey that I had chosen as there is no turning back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment