Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Onwards with more training opportunity as a FX Trainer

It was almost 6 months after my first training opportunity in Mumbai, India and the team was getting ready for a session in Shanghai, China. There was a briefing session conducted to invited the Chinese university students to register for the 2 weeks training program. After this 2 weeks session, those interested students can continue for the 6 months program.

This time round, I wasn't really involved as another colleague who used to work in Shanghai was identified to be their trainer, but I was told to join in for the first 2 weeks. We flew in to Shanghai, China and settled into the university exchange students dormitory which was like a hotel. The accommodation was situated within the university compound.

During the first day of their 2 weeks session, the Chief Trainer covers the topic on mindset of a trader with a translator. On the second day onward, the students have to go through elearning modules together, module by module, and the trainer were suppose to go through each module asking questions along the way and explaining complicated topics. My colleague was quite quiet and wasn't confident enough to speak up in the presentation and again I did what I thought was the only right thing to do. Hence, I stood in front of the class and went through the modules presenting in mandarin.

It was during one such session while I was explaining in mandarin on the topic we were covering that the Chief trainer came by with his partner for a visit. Having saw me speaking up in mandarin fluently and engaging the students, he decided to let me that over the rest of the training program in Shanghai and that started my next opportunity in training.

Over the next 6 months, I flew in and out of Shanghai, China, with each stay lasting about 2.5 to 3 months as the first year visa can only be extended to 90 days. Nevertheless, we planned my trip coming back to Singapore during the Chinese holidays to prevent disruption to the program.

It was also during this training trip that I took up the opportunity to lead trading via webinar. Wherever I was, I would lead the trading and broadcast via webinar back to Singapore and to anyone anywhere who was given the link to the daily webinar.

Training the Chinese students allow me to sink in deeply those mindsets and I had to practice whatever I preached hence complementing my price action trading. Leading trading via webinar allows me to become more vocal with my thoughts and thought me the all important patience that was very much required in trading. Wait for it to happen and not assume that it will happen. All in all, the time I spent in training and leading allows me to move in yet another step closer toward being a trader.

No comments:

Post a Comment