Monday, February 12, 2018

More training opportunity to become a FX trader

Breakthrough in my trading came about when I was given the opportunity to train. How it all started? I still remember...  It was sometime near the Chinese New Year in 2014 and I was notified that I may be deployed to Mumbai to oversees their training sessions. Being unprepared and not having any financial educational background, I wasn't really sure whether I was up to this task in a foreign land all by myself, especially when most of those that I am going to meet are graduates or undergraduates in finances.

However, I took up the challenge and flew nearly 4,000 km to Mumbai, India. After reaching and clearing the custom at the Mumbai International Airport, I have to find my own way to my accommodation, which was near the university that I was to be at to oversees their training. After settling in to the accommodation and had a good night rest, I reported to the university in the morning the following day and started setting up the training package on the computers in their computer lab with the help of their technicians.

I was to ensure that the training modules that the students who had taken interest in our training are available to them and that any technical issues that arises are handle by me as well as to answer any basic questions that the students may have. Everything pretty much went well with little or no questions asked, since the training package were really very basic and logical.

The following week, after the first week of theoretical lessons, the students start their hand-on on the trading platform and then listen into the trading webinar to start their trading. I went through with the students on how to use the trading platform before their trading session commence. However, due to the internet capacity the university was using, it became apparent that the bandwidth was limited when streaming the webinar and it was quite disruptive.

Having noticed that many students start to become impatience as they find it difficult to listen to the disruptive webinar, I did what I thought was the only right thing to do. I stopped the webinar and put up the trading platform and did the analysis and read the price action development. Explaining along the way, what I would have done as the price action develop and I eventually put in a trade entry into the trading platform and presto, the trade was executed and hit the take profit (TP) in less that 30 seconds, bringing amazement and excitement to the students, which also very much surprised myself.

I continued the session explaining the price action and eventually took another trade which again took profit in less than 30 seconds. This really boosted my confidence as well as the university facilitator, who at this moment walked out of the computer lab and announced to the students that they are in good hand. These sessions went on for the rest of the week and the students also started asking more questions on trading as well as experience trading on the trading platform.

However, due to some admin follow up, the training sessions ended at the end of the second week and I return to Singapore. My take away from this opportunity was really a boost in my trading confidence and that I am able to trade following on those price action development that I had shared in my previous post, Internalizing the mindsets of a trader.

No comments:

Post a Comment